Walnut Cinnamon Streusel Cake
This crumbly & moist cake is perfect for rainy days when you have a nice, frothy cup of cappuccino in your hand. It’s not too sweet or nutty. It really does strike the right balance.
- For the Streusel:
- 150g Flour
- 40g Brown Sugar
- 3g Cinnamon Powder
- 120g Butter
- 30g Chopped Walnuts For the Filling:
- 20g Chopped Walnuts
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 2g Cinnamon For the Cake Batter:
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- 70g Yogurt
- 150g Flour
- 5g Baking Powder
- 2g Cinnamon Powder
- 1g Salt
- For the Streusel: Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon. Add chopped chilled butter and rub it in with your fingers. Add the chopped Walnuts & refrigerate.
- For the Filling: Combine all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- For the Batter: Preheat Oven to 175’ & prepare a 9” Cake Mould with Butter & Flour.
- Sift the dry ingredients & set aside.
- Cream the Butter & Sugar together in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Once the Butter is fluffy & pale, add the Vanilla.
- Add the Eggs one by one into the mixture.
- Add 1/3rd of the dry ingredients on a lower speed.
- Add 1/2 of the Yogurt.
- Follow up with another 1/3rd of the dry ingredients & the rest of the Yogurt.
- Finish with the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 of the Cake batter to the cake mould.
- Sprinkle the Filling & top up with the rest of the batter.
- Spread the streusel in a thick & even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Tip: You can even drizzle some glaze on top. Take 30g of Icing Sugar & 10 ml of Milk, mix well & drizzle.