The first time I tried this dip, it was a part of a mezzo style platter at a Greek Taverna in Mykonos. After badgering the server for the recipe as is my habit, I managed to get a rough idea and came up with my own concoction. Juicy red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes & feta make this the ultimate Sandwich spread, I also serve it as a dip with Pita chips & crudités.
- 2 Red peppers
- 2-4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 Piri-Piri Chillies
- 2 Pods Garlic
- 30g Feta
- 10ml Olive oil
- 2ml Lemon Juice
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees.
- Brush the Red Peppers & Garlic with olive oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes until roasted. You can also roast the peppers on an open flame for a charred, smoky flavour.
- Remove the stalks of the peppers & deseed.
- In a Nutribullet/blender put the Red peppers, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes, Piri-Piri, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Lemon Juice, Black pepper, Feta & the remainder of the oil.
- Whizz together until it becomes a thick dip.
- Store for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- It makes for a fantastic sandwich spread with some grilled Mediterranean veggies!