This is my favourite type of breakfast when I’m in Malaysia. I had my first bite & I was hooked; I felt like telling Nutella we’re breaking up! If you’re a Coconut addict like me, you would absolutely adore this dish!
Try it out & see it becoming your favourite breakfastoption or afternoon snack.
For the Kaya Spread -
- 8 Eggs
- 400g +100g Castor Sugar
- 200g Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Vanilla Pod/ 1 Pandan Leaf
- 20g Unsalted Butter
For the Sandwich -
- Thick slices of White bread/Brioche
- Salted Butter
- Kaya Spread
- Break the eggs in a bowl.
- Split the vanilla pod, add the specks to the eggs along with the bean.
- Add 400g of the Sugar to the eggs & lightly stir till fully incorporated. Do not whisk
- Place this mixture on a Bain-marie & cook for 10 minutes till the eggs start to coagulate.
- Add the coconut cream & cook for another 15 minutes.
- In a separate dry pan, heat 100g of sugar till it becomes golden. Add the unsalted butter & mix.
- Slowly trickle the caramel into the coconut custard & stir till incorporated.
- Transfer to a glass jar & refrigerate.
- Lightly grill the thick slice of white bread with a little butter on a non-stick pan.
- Slather a generous amount of Kaya on the fluffy toast.
- Top with another toast, cut into half. Serve warm.