This is an extremely flavorful dish that’s low on calories & has a good nutritious profile. Harrissa is a Chilli based spread with vibrant herby undertones and is used majorly in middle eastern cuisine. It’s perfect for a light dinner served with a good helping of greens & some couscous!
- 10 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 2 Sundried Tomatoes
- A handful, Fresh Mint Leaves
- Olive oil
- 10ml Lemon Juice
- 20g Greek Yoghurt
- 250g White Fish Fillets ( Sole/Cod/Halibut)
- Soak the Red Chillies in water, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast all the spices, keep aside.
- Brush the Red Pepper with Olive oil, Roast on an open flame till the skin is charred.
- Drain the water from the Chillies & set aside.
- Remove the stems & seeds from the Chillies.
- Finely chop the mint & Cilantro.
- Add The Chilli, the charred Bellpepper, The toasted spices, Garlic, Sun-dried tomatoes, Lemon juice & olive oil in a blender & blend till a smooth paste is formed
- Add the Mint & Cilantro. Mix well.
- Take a 20g of this paste, mix with yoghurt.
- Marinate the fish with this mix for an hour.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a little olive oil & sear the fish on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with Couscous, tzatziki or greek salad!