Flattened Fried Chicken
If you’ve been perusing through my posts, you already know that I am a big fan of Fried Chicken. While holidaying in Austria, I had Chicken Schnitzel twice a day and didn’t feel any guilt whatsoever. Once back home, I had to make do with these beaten Panko Chicken cutlets but even these are yum and go amazingly well with the Potato salad I learnt from there.
- 250g Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Small bunch of Parsley leaves
- 50g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmigiano Reggiano
- 5g Chives
- Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Flour for dredging
- Oil for frying
- Beat the Chicken to make it as flat as possible.
- Marinate the Chicken with crushed Garlic, Parsley, Black Pepper & Salt for about 4 hours.
- Whisk the Egg in a shallow dish.
- Put some Flour in a plate.
- In another plate, mix the Panko, Parmesan & Chives.
- Take a piece of flattened chicken, coat it with flour lightly & shake off the excess.
- Dip this piece of Chicken in the Egg and then coat it properly with the Panko mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the Chicken.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees. Fry till golden brown & crisp.
- Place on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil & serve hot.
- It’s served best with a dash of Italian Lemon juice on top!