Dense & Decadent Dark Chocolate Loaf
There are certain days where all you want to do is curl up in bed all day and lay all your clean-eating plans to rest. For those days, this dense & decadent dark chocolate loaf is a savior! Have it straight out of the oven with a scoop of Vanilla bean Ice-cream, The warm Chocolate callets will still be melty & the toasty walnuts set them off perfectly!
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Brown Sugar
- 120g Dark Chocolate ( Callebaut 54%)
- 2 Eggs, Lightly beaten
- 185g Flour
- 5g Baking Powder
- 2g Baking Soda
- 1g Salt
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 5g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 20g Dark Chocolate Callets ( Callebaut 54%)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees & prepare a 9’ Loaf Tin.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the 120g Dark chocolate & cool.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder, Soda & Salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, Beat together the Butter & Sugar until pale & fluffy. Add the Vanilla.
- Add the Chocolate to the Butter- Sugar Mixture Gradually. Add the Eggs & mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients till combined.
- fold in the Walnuts & Chocolate Callets.
- Pour into the Loaf tin and Bake for about 25-30 minutes. The cake has to be dense & moist so, a toothpick ideally shouldn’t come out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Serve Warm!