Chocolate & Zucchini Cake
On popular demand! This healthy yet indulgent treat is perfect for weekend breakfasts, a moist crumb, a bitter offset from the cocoa & hidden greens, this one's surprisingly a huge hit even with fussiest of eaters & i can swear you'll never be able to tell there's Zucchini in it!
- 120g Whole wheat flour
- 28g Dutch-processed Cocoa powder ( I use Hershey’s)
- 4g Baking soda
- 2g Baking Powder
- 3g Instant Coffee
- A pinch of Salt
- 175g Brown Sugar
- 10g Honey
- 100ml Vegetable oil/ Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 40g Yoghurt
- 2 Eggs
- 5ml Vanilla
- 250g Grated & Unpeeled Zucchini
- 60g Callebaut 54% Callets
- Sift All the dry ingredients together.
- Lightly blot the Zucchini with a tissue paper, don’t overdo it otherwise your cake will be dry; skip this step & it’ll be too soft to unmould.
- With the Whisk attachment in a stand mixer, Beat the eggs, Add the sugar till light & fluffy.
- Add the honey & Vanilla.
- Gently drizzle the oil.
- add 1/3rd of the dry ingredients, once almost incorporated add the yoghurt.
- Add 1/3rd of the dry ingredients, once almost incorporated add the Zucchini.
- Finish with the last third of the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the Chocolate chips & pour into a pre-prepared 9’ Baking pan or a Bundt Pan
- Bake for 30 minutes at 165 degrees.