These wafer-thin cookies have a distinct caramel taste. It’s a little unfair to categorise them as cookies as for me they feel a lot more sophisticated. I enhance them with ginger that showcases the nuttiness of the caramel & Lemon zest that balances it out. You can shape them as Cannolis & fill them with whipped cream, dip them in chocolate or serve as a garnish on Vanilla bean ice cream.
- 75g Flour
- 75g Butter
- 75g Brown Sugar
- 25g Honey
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 5ml Brandy
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Heat the Butter, Brown Sugar, & honey till combined.
- Add the Ginger & Lemon zest
- Sift the flour
- Add the sugar mixture to the flour & mix well
- Add the brandy in the end.
- On a Silpat Mat, drop small teaspoons full of the dough with enough space between them as they spread a lot.
- Bake 6-9 minutes until they spread & are translucent in appearance.
- They can be left to cool or immediately shaped into cigars.