Black Rice Salad
Originating from China, Black Rice is rich in antioxidants, protein & Fibre. This light & summery salad goes really well with just some grilled chicken on the side and makes for a very wholesome dinner. I usually get my Organic Black Rice from Malik Bros. in Defence Colony Market.
- 1 Cup Black Rice
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 3 Orange Segments
- Handful of Cilantro
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Boil the Rice until fully cooked in 1 cup Water.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and Orange
- Add them to the Rice and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a Small Bowl, Mix all the ingredients needed for the Dressing.
- Toss the rice in the Salad Dressing
- Top with Cilantro and Serve Chilled.