Amped up Aglio Olio!
My favourite food group hands down is Carbs. There’s just something about a basic wholesome pasta that screams comfort! An Aglio Olio Peperoncino sauce basically translates to garlic, olive oil & Chilli peppers. I make mine with a little more intricate details and I love sopping up the leftover garlicky oil from the pasta with some warm Ciabatta!
- 1/2 Packet Spaghetti or any other pasta of your choice
- 40ml Extra Virgin Olive oil ( The best kind you can get your hands on)
- 8-10 Large Garlic Pods
- Medium bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Banana Chillies
- 1 Bird’s eye chilli
- Fleur De Sel
- Crushed Black Pepper
- 20g Parmigiano Reggiano
- Brush the Garlic pods with a little bit of Olive oil & Roast at 165’ for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut the garlic into thick chunks.
- Finely sliver the Chillies.
- Remove the Parsley from the stalks & finely chop.
- Boil the Spaghetti to al dente.
- In a deep pan, heat the remaining olive oil, add the roasted Garlic & the Chillies & sauté gently.
- Add the Spaghetti, the Parsley, Salt & Pepper.
- Add the Cheese on top & be Generous.
- Serve Hot, preferably with Ciabatta on the side!