Spiced Apple Pie-Cake
Winter’s finally around the corner, welcome it with this caramelised and spicy Apple cake, it’s a move away from the traditional pie and yet is baked in a tart mould, Caramel & CInnamon waft through the air, prepare it right before you have guests and forget your diffusers for a while!
- 1 Apple Peeled, Cored & Sliced into rings
- 2 sticks of Cinnamon
- 50g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 10ml Old Monk Rum
- 135g Flour
- 2g Baking Powder
- 3g Cinnamon Powder
- 100g Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 Egg
- 5ml Vanilla
- 40g Yoghurt
- 10g Cream
- Butter a 9’ Tart mould.
- Cream 50g Butter with the Brown Sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add the Old Monk & Spread the mixture into the tart pan.
- Place the Apple rings & cinnamon sticks on top of the batter and press in.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter & sugar till pale & fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla & then the Egg.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add 1/3rd the dry ingredients into the batter followed by the yoghurt.
- Add another 1/3rd and then the cream.
- finish with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- spread this batter over the apples.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve Warm.