Raspberries are officially my favourite berry! They are quite hard to get by in Delhi so, whenever I find them I end up making batches of this preserve. This can be watered down to make a coulis or if left chunky it can also work as a compote. It’s just lovely by itself on toast or as cake filling.
- 250g Raspberries
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2-3g Lemon Zest
- 5ml Grand Marnier (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, add the raspberries & caster sugar.
- Slow cook till the raspberry juice evaporates and it comes to a boil.
- Wait for the mixture to get shiny. You have to cook it to ‘thread’ stage.
- Put a drop of the jam on the counter and then with your finger feel the texture.
- If it’s sticky and forms a thread when you slap your fingers together, its done.
- Add lemon zest & Grand Marnier.
- Cool & store.