This failsafe recipe is ideal for some Weekend baking, Make it fresh & serve straight from the oven! Warm, yeasty & full of Cinnamon these babies are ideal with a hot cup of coffee!
- 200ml Warm milk
- 7g Dry yeast/10g fresh yeast
- 2 eggs
- 75g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2g salt
- 100g sugar
- 520g Flour
- 2g Baking powder
- 5g vital wheat gluten powder
- 80g Cream
- 110g Butter, melted
- 200g Brown sugar
- 10g Cinnamon powder
- 1 packet cream cheese
- 20g Unsalted butter
- Icing sugar for consistency
- Add the Yeast to the milk with the salt & sugar. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & gluten.
- Make a dough and add the egg to adjust consistency.
- prove for one hour.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together & brush well on the dough.
- cut into strips & roll to make the cinnamon roll.
- In a deep bottomed dish or cake pan, arrange the rolls together & prove until double in size.
- Pour the cream on the rolls & bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Beat together the Cream Cheese & butter till smooth & add icing sugar, adjust for stiffness.
- Pour the glaze on top of the rolls & serve warm!