Mango & Ponzu Salad
A light & zesty salad that combines this season’s best produce with a distinct Japanese Citrus. This salad balances tang with a hit of sweetness from the Mango, bitterness from Red Cabbage & finally, the added textural element in the form of almonds. I sourced my Ponzu from Food Hall at The Chanakya.
- 250g Mixed Salad Leaves from Krishi Cress
- 10g Red Cabbage Micro Greens
- 20g Almonds
- 15g Cucumber
- 15g Red Bell Pepper
- 30g Mango
- 15ml Ponzu
- 5ml Cold Pressed Sesame Oil
- 3g Coconut Sugar
- 1 Bird’s Eye Chilli
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Thoroughly Clean the Greens & Chill in the Freezer.
- Finely dice the Cucumber, Bell Pepper & Mango.
- Dry roast the Almonds & roughly chop.
- For the Dressing: Deseed & finely chop the Rocket Chilli, Mix the Sesame Oil, Coconut Sugar, Himalayan Salt, Ponzu & the Chilli well.
- Drizzle the dressing on the leaves, toss well & top with the veggies, Mango & Almond.
- Serve Chilled!