I know how nutritious Broccoli is. I also hate it. As a result, I have to keep finding creative ways to make myself ingest it. This simple light broth is flavourful and possible one of the lowest calorie soups I make. The whole point is a liquid consommé style broth with crunchy veggies & no thickeners like cream & cornflour.
- 100g Broccoli cut into small florets
- 20g Celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 350ml Water
- Black Pepper
- A pinch of Mace
- 40ml Slim Milk
- 5ml Olive oil
- In a heavy bottomed pan, Heat the oil, add the garlic.
- Once the garlic softens, add Celery & sauté.
- Add the Broccoli florets & cook it out for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Water & Salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, Give another boil.
- Top with Crushed Black Pepper & Mace.