Beetroot adds a sweetness to regular Hummus here, I add some Sesame for nuttiness. This creamy dip is surprisingly low in calories & has a good nutrition profile, it’s amazing with some flatbread & a nice vinegary salad. It even works beautifully as a spread for Avo-toast.
- 200g Cooked Chickpeas
- 100g Beetroot
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 60ml Tahini paste
- 10ml Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- Fresh Parsley
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Toasted Black & White Sesame Seeds
- Olive oil for garnish
- Boil the beetroot, once cooled peel it.
- In a Nutribullet, Blitz all the ingredients together until you get a smooth paste.
- If the hummus looks too grainy, you can add the leftover water from the chickpeas to it.
- Chill & garnish with sesame, parsley & olive oil.