Big Chill does a lovely Penne in Vodka sauce. Albeit, it’s too creamy and tastes like a tomato sauce pasta. Vodka is supposed to enhance the flavor of Tomatoes in a way water & olive oil can’t. The sauce has a distinct peppery zing and I like putting just a touch of cream instead of making it the main ingredient. Try it with a Pasta of your choice or a nicely riddled juicy chicken breast.
- 1 Can Tomatoes (Mutti)
- 4 pods of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 15g Butter
- 1 dried Red Chilli
- 100ml Vodka
- 3-4 Torn Basil Leaves
- 30ml Cream
- Black Pepper
- Finely chop the onions & bell peppers
- In a pan, heat the oil & butter, add the garlic & dried red chilli
- Add the onions & bell pepper, Sauté till cooked.
- Add the Vodka, reduce the flame and cook it out for 3-4 minutes
- Add the Canned tomatoes, salt, Black pepper & oregano.
- Cover and cook the sauce for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Add the cream and cook it for another 5 minutes
- Add the basil & Parmesan and serve as desired