Potato & Leek soup
This was a staple for me when I was a chef-in-training at Le Cordon Bleu, London. They had a small café attached to the school that served the best hot chocolate, sandwiches and of course outstanding patisserie. They used to serve a soup-of-the-day with a large slice of Rye bread & Butter. It made my day when this was on the menu. A British classic in a French culinary school. I make this when I miss my ultimate soup for the soul!
- 1 Bulb of Garlic, Peeled
- 20ml Olive oil
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 2 Leeks
- 500g Potatoes, Peeled
- 3g Fresh Thyme
- 1 Clove
- 1 Bay leaf
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees
- Brush the bulb of Garlic with olive oil & bake for about 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Squeeze out the soft Garlic pods & discard the rest.
- Chop the Leeks & Celery. Roughly dice the potatoes
- In a pan, heat the remaining oil, sauté the Leeks & Celery with the bay leaf & clove.
- Add the potatoes & thyme, Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add the Stock, cover & cook for about 20 minutes on low-medium heat till the potatoes soften.
- Remove the bay leaf & clove. Add the salt & crushed black pepper & Roasted Garlic.
- Blend in the Nutribullet. Serve with some Parsley oil as garnish.