I don’t drink. It’s something that anyone who knows me well enough will tell you. I love Wine. I actually understand it without trying to be a pretentious snob but I can’t do bottles of it. If there’s one exception to my I-cant-drink-even-socially vibe it’s Aperol Spritz. It’s the ultimate summer drink. Blood orange Italian Liqueur, Crisp Prosseco & Soda. There’s something nostalgic about this drink that one sip transports you to a street side cafe in any cute European city with sunny sidewalks & glamorous people!
- 50ml Aperol
- 100ml Prosecco
- 30ml Soda
- A large slice of Orange/Blood Orange/Ruby Grapefruit
- Zest of the Fruit used
- LOTS of Ice
- The whole charm of Aperol is the style of serving it. Start with a large Wine Glass/Goblet. It could be stemless too for a casual day by the pool.
- Fill the Glass up with Ice, Pour the Aperol over ice.
- Add the fruit slice & a ribbon of Zest (Peel)
- Top up with Prosecco & Soda.
- If you want to make it stronger, you can add a splash of gin to it.