Melon & Mascarpone Salad
Delhi Summer is pure cruel. The hot winds, harsh sun & dry heat get to the best of us. I prefer making light salads for this season as these are high on fibre, taste & serve chilled. This one has a good balance of flavour as the sweetness of the melons complements the bitterness from the leaves and is cut by the creaminess of the mascarpone.
- 1 Musk Melon
- 350gm Mixed Leaves ( I source mine from Krishi Cress)
- 200gm Mascarpone
- 20gm Melon Seeds
- Prosciutto (Optional)
For the Dressing:
- 10ml Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, crushed
- 2g Brown Sugar
- 5ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 10ml Melon Juice
- A pinch of Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Clean the leaves thoroughly & chill.
- Freeze the mascarpone for a few hours and carve out balls with a melon baller.
- Make balls out of the melon too & chill.
- Toast the melon seeds in a dry non-stick pan over low heat & set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together for the dressing.
- Toss the leaves with all of the dressing in a large bowl.
- Top with mascarpone, melon balls & melon seeds. Add ribbons of prosciutto if needed.
- Serve chilled.