Another treasure from Chef Rajiv at Pema! I am addicted to digestive biscuits (a year in London does that to you). To cut extra carbs and get more nutrition from this biscuit craving, these cookies use Bajra instead of flour. High protein, high fiber and delish!
Total yield (gms) : 15 No.s
Portion size : 1 No.
Number of servings : 15 No.s
Total calories : 1167.2 kCal
Calories per portion : 77.8 kCal
1. Bajra 100
2. Coconut oil 50
3. Palm sugar 50
4. Walnut 30
5. Lemon Zest 0.1
6. Salt 0.5
Palm sugar powder (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- Combine Bajra flour, Palm sugar, Walnut and salt and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil while mixing, make it into a dough.
- Mix in the lemon zest or few drops of vanilla if used.
- Roll the mixture and divide into 15 equal portions.
- Shape and bake at 160ºC till the bottom part is golden.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
- Serve dusted with powdered palm sugar is used.